P☼st-Årchiv¢s

Friday, April 13, 2007

The dilemma of creation !



God knows what went through his mind whilst creating stuff! or did he?? Creation is a big problem everywhere.. Cos it challenges established notions and conventions. Now I am thinking about creation as I have 'created' my blog and am 'creating' my first blog post. There's the usual feeling of stunted imagination, judicious thoughts on words to be used etc when you realise that you are creating.

Creation is not something everyone's comfortable with.. Infact I believe it's against the grain. What I am saying is it isn't quite a natural thing as today's media would have us believe. There's way too much onus on it. If I do remember correctly, in the Bible, God created man as he was in need of a being to love and be loved in turn. Creation is, I believe, a product of necessity. I think the most unnatural man is one who creates for the sake of creating or to exhibit he can be creative all the time. Yet, I am not here to argue against creation but rather to accept it's real value. It's necessary and that's it. It's as necessary as death is. Though ofcourse, I'd personally would like to do away with death.

So the next time, you are nervous about improvising something on the spot or inventing or solving a puzzle or anxiously thinking of a way to defeat a challenge - don't worry. Cos you're doing something against the grain. Something that isn't natural but you're doing it cos you have to.

4 comments:

  1. Dude. How can you compare your creative pangs regarding a blog to that of The Creator? Forget the blasphemy part. What went through His mind ?? God created the earth and the sky. He rested. God created man and he rested. Then God created woman. Since then neither God nor man ever rested. So talk about those lines.

    Other than the God part rest of your blog rocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seb., :) .. this is a post that I wrote in an existential angst when I didn't know neither this blog's purpose nor how it's gonna take shape..

    I use the 'creationist' idea only as a tool to aid my primary thoughts on the 'creativeness/creativity' conception.. There's already a comment above 4m my pal, who jus Burp-ed..
    God knows what went through his Stomach.. er.. Brain!! ;P

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
90 mm Reviews & Talkies ~ your simple window to Good Cinema . . by V. Vijai Anto is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at vjnt.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://vjnt.blogspot.com/.